Sunday, November 21, 2010

I Love Fabric!


I am obsessed with fabric! Gorgeous, vibrant, good quality fabric, which usually means expensive fabric. Eeek! I said in my last post that I am in the middle of four different quilts and I am in love with all the fabrics that I have found for these quilts.

The first two are i-spy quilts for James and Makenna as Christmas presents. I first learned about i-spy quilts on a blog called Obsessively Stitching. I started collecting fabrics that I found on sale and got a bunch from my mother-in-law and one of her sisters. When I finally got to the point where I had enough I started cutting them. This was my stack 72 different squares for each quilt.


Right after I finished cutting and sewing half of the ones for the first quilt, I logged on to the Obsessively Stitching blog and found out that she was hosting an i-spy swap! You send her 20 cuts of 10 different fabrics and she sends you back 200 different fabrics!! Even though I was already started with the sewing, I couldn't pass up on the chance to have over 200 different fabrics for James and Kennas quilts. These are the 10 fabrics that I choose to send to her. I know James will love the bugs and Kenna will love the cats and animals! Most of them were fat quarters on sale at Craft Warehouse.


In less than two weeks I had this wonderful stack of fabrics at my doorstep!!


Here are some of my favorites! There is no way that I could have collected all these different types of fabrics before Christmas. I can't wait to show you the finished product!


The third quilt that I am working on is the first one that I am making just for me! For my birthday the Lynch family gave me a gift card to the Craft Warehouse. I am so glad I had a gift card because there is no way I could have justified spending as much on this fabric as I did. It's kind of hard to see the colors here but I love the soft brown and the pinks.


Yesterday I got all of the squares cut and am ready to start sewing this one. Cutting is my least favorite part so I tried to get it out of the way on all the quilts first. Here are a few of my favorites:



The fourth quilt was a huge surprise for me. I enter lots and lots of giveaways on blogs that I see but never expect to win anything. A while ago I got a surprise e-mail from a blog saying that I had won a layer cake of this beautiful Christmas fabric! A layer cake is 42 squares of fabric that usually give you one square from each of the fabrics in the line. I'm not sure what pattern I am going to use yet but I am excited that the fabric is already cut into good size squares!


I can't wait to show off the finished products! I will make sure to keep you updated on them as I go and hopefully they will be done before Christmas :) We are making homemade pizza right now and rented a redbox movie for the night. I just told Andy that I am thinking of cutting some more fabrics while I sit here and watch the movie. I told him that I am to the point where I am incapable of just sitting here without doing something. He said "you are your parent's child!"

2 comments:

  1. You've become quite the seamstress! I can't think of what to make for people this year. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe these: http://pin-sew-press.blogspot.com/2010/05/tutorial-stay-put-kitchen-towel.html

    I made one for myself and love it.

    ReplyDelete