Monday, May 17, 2010

The Start of our First Garden.....

..... and possibly the end too!

Well most of you know that I am not a gardener. I know very little about plants. Even though my Mother is a Master gardener I was never the one to be outside with her and to learn all of her expertise. With that being said, one of the first things we decided to do in our new house was plant a garden!!! It's a small corner in our yard, with tomatoes, pumpkins, squash, jalapeƱos, cucumber and strawberries!

(I had just watered them)

The jalapeƱos are doing good!


The tomatoes are doing great!


The squash/ cucumbers (because I can't remember which plant is which), is not doing so hot....


Neither are the pumpkins :(


This is a patch of sunflower seeds! We will see how they do eventually.


The good news is that it rained last night and that seems to have helped. And yes I have been watering them. I've also called my Mom and Sister to consult a few different times because I still have no clue what I am doing!



1 comment:

  1. Looks good so far Tara! They will grow fast and lots of water is the key to success with plants on hot days.

    Karyn

    ReplyDelete