Thursday, September 24, 2009

First Day of School!!

One down and lot more to go! I had a hard time sleeping last night and was running around like crazy before the kids came. The but was 15 minutes late so that gave me even more time to be nervous before they showed up! I am very blessed to have two other full time staff members in my classroom and one part time Willamette Univ. student who will be in there 2 days a week. My IA is my life saver, she has been in this classroom for the past four years and translates everything I say into Spanish for the 10 students I have who do not speak English. We also have a parent assistant who actually isn't a parent who rides the bus with the kids and really helps out during the day.
We started out with only 3 kids crying and they were all fine before breakfast was even over. We did very little organized stuff today because of how new everything is. Explored the classroom, had center time, read an exciting story, and played outside. I am very hopeful that this is going to be a great year!! I wish I could share pictures because they are ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment