Saturday, February 20, 2010

My First Quilt!!!

I finished my first quilt ever today!!!!! The binding looks awesome! I didn't think I would be able to do a very good blind stitch but I think that for my first try it turned out well. The good news is that the whole quilt didn't turn out like crap and I learned a lot from making this one so I am excited to make my next one! Going to pick out the fabrics tomorrow!



I thought that doing the same brown as the boarder for the binding would look to boring and I didn't have enough of just one fabric for the entire thing. So I just used a little bit of each of the fabrics. I think that it's a little much for such a small quilt but it did the job.



The opposite side where I had to do the blind stitch. This was probably the longest part of the quilt but with a coke and some re-runs of Grey's it got done!



The back side of the finished product. You can really see how some of my lines are not straight here but I think I have a good way to solve that next time.



So happy it's done and so happy to start on the next one and many other sewing projects that I have lined up! Enjoy the sunny weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment