Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Seattle

Wow have we been busy! I've had so little time to get online or blog since starting work again. I got moved to a new classroom that was re-modeled over the summer so we had a lot of work setting everything back up. Plus we have home visits for all 20 students, orientations, and everything else it takes to get ready before the school year starts! Today is the first day and I am nervous and really excited! I've met all the kids but it will be interesting to see how they all work together. Today is the hardest day of the year!

Last weekend we took a 24 hour getaway up to Seattle. Some friends from California just moved up to Portland and they wanted to catch a baseball game and see Seattle.


On Saturday we went to the baseball game and Sunday we walked through the Pike's Place Market, my favorite place in the city! This is us with Joanna and Duane in front of the Public Market sign and water front.


Of course I couldn't come home without more flowers! The rows and rows of inexpensive flowers that they have at the market are incredible! I'm telling you, if I lived in Seattle their would be fresh flowers on my table every week!


I got two this time because these ones were only $5!!


Pictures of our painted living room and dinning room table are coming soon. Now I have to head off to work!



1 comment:

  1. Flowers are beautiful! Can't wait to see the pictures of your painted walls! I'm beginning to refinish my cabinets this weekend, eek!

    ReplyDelete